The Employment Action Group (EAG) aims to create new pathways into work for people who have experienced homelessness.
For many people who have experienced homelessness, private rented tenancies are often their only option to move on from emergency or temporary accommodation and create a home of their own. For people to be able to secure and sustain tenancies, they need good jobs - ideally full-time hours, paid at the real living wage, and with reasonable longevity of contract.
The group unites people with personal experience of homelessness with businesses, public and charity sector organisations, to co-produce inclusive employment solutions.
The charities that underpin the EAG all have unique services in place that collectively can help people to overcome their barriers to work. These charities can support people with their motivation and confidence, as well as assisting with job applications and interview skills.
We encourage businesses to get involved by supporting people into work. Find out how you can get involved below!
Partnerships with employers are key to the success of the group and we invite employers to step up and be part of the solution and support people into employment. There’s lots of ways to get involved, including:
- Join EAG, attend meetings (held every other month), and help the group to achieve its aims.
- Provide employee volunteers to act as job coaches at our job clubs, helping with job search and application (this can be in person or online).
- Offer work experience and consider recruiting via work placements.
- Make your vacancies available to people who attend our job clubs.
- Introduce EAG to your supply chain, networks and contacts, encouraging them to pledge jobs.
All of the above help remove barriers to employment for individuals who have experience of homelessness.
To get involved, please contact co-chair Chris on firstname.lastname@example.org
View our action group resources.
To get involved with this action group, click the link below and fill in the sign-up form. If you have any other questions or queries, please email: email@example.com.Sign up to this action group